Thursday, June 24, 2010

Mid-Week Lower Chaos

Good news friends! Lower Chaos is good to go. With the exception of the warm-up boulder, everything has been dug out or melted out and is prime.
There is probably 12 feet of snow still up against the warm-up and potato chip. Anyone that psyched to dig? Rich and I warmed up on this Arete to the left of "Deep Puddle Dynamics". After doing some research, I can't figure out the name or grade, but it's probably V4 or V5-ish and REALLY FUN climbing.
I'm happy to say we both sent.
We spent a few frustrated minutes on Gang Bang Arete before heading down to Mckayla for Rich to give it some goes.
I did the top again while Rich messed with the first move (crux). He was generating up to the hold no problem by the end, and just didn't have the skin to hold on. Looks like that one will go in short order.


Way better than a day at work, and psyched alpine season is on! If anyone knows the name of that Arete, please share! I needs to know.

No comments: