Friday, November 20, 2009

Land of Entrapment...

After an 8 day work-week, I jumped in the ole Subaru and headed for my home and native land... Albuquerque New Mexico. Due to working retail, I will be industrious over thanksgiving and wanted to take this opportunity to see the family before the madness starts.
On the drive down, I learned that if you consume enough red bull in too short a time, you will actually start to see sounds and hear colors. These photos are an artist's rendition of the psychedelic drive I had between Trinidad and Santa Fe. Rad huh?
I decided to bring the shoes and chalk and check out a bouldering area I was a little too weak to enjoy when I lived here. U-Mound!!!!


It is a pretty condensed area on large-grain granite, and good for a few quick burns after work in the V2 to V7 range. Here are some problems and grades...hope you all enjoy!


Manatee Traverse v1
As I mentioned, large grain granite. Sharp. Crimp crystals and good pointy crimpers. FUN FUN FUN!!!! Jelly Bean Traverse v2
V0 sit start... Dumpy, short, turd burglar and the most fun you've ever had looking less-than-gnar for the camera!
The Situner mom was on hand, enjoying shooting the camera like crazy, and even managed to do a bit of scrambling!!!! Sick!!!
How could I resist doing a problem called "Knob Problem" v3 It also happens to have one of the coolest granite features EVER!!!
Wounded Knee v3 / v4 Small Crimps and a deadpoint to a jug! One of my favorites of the day!
Wounded Knee Arete v3 / v4
Driftwood Direct v7 (This thing took some tries!)
There were some other good problems interspersed in there too, but the whole point was to get out, get some mileage, and have fun.
Mission Accomplished!


P.S. The pictures look terrible when uploaded to blogger for some reason. Hopefully you all see them in regular resolution and clarity. Also, JJ, I have scoped everything v7 and harder for a quick-send filler on your scorecard! Maybe even dirt-burglar traverse into said problems potential. PSYCHED!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Diggity said...

Looks super ill-gnar fun!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun times for the whole family. Hope the return trip is less psychadelic dude.

sock hands said...

i was only an hour past roswell when the drugs kicked in....



FIEND! THEIVING SAMOAN!

chuffer said...

Psyched to see you got out with Mommy Situner!

I'm jealous, as I've never been able to share my love of stone with my parents.