Saturday, April 3, 2010

Ft. Collins is looking better on Friday...

Famous last w3rds. Somehow I talked the TJ into joining me for a drive to Poudre canyon on Friday for what we thought would be sending temps in sunshine.


Instead, we got crazy winds, blowing snow, no sun, and this shot of TJ looking at the holds of the warm-up going "Really? I have to sack up and pull on this coldness? F-that."
Well, warm-up we did, and then got directly on Scarface. It's a good thing I had TJ with me, because I was discussing bail options before we even warmed up. A few burns (in all the clothing I had with) yielded some warmingness and beta remembrance.
Oh my god did it hurt like hell though.
Those are genuine "I'm psyched this hurts more than I can possibly imagine faces"
With skin apparently intact...though I couldn't feel it, I tried again and it went.
Yay scarface!... TJ wasn't so psyched, so we headed to "Sharma Lunge" to try his luck.
While fun was had with me at the camera, and him freezing ass, no sends were recorded.


He looked solid, but I can't express how much psyche the cold was stealing every second!
We decided that "Scuba Steve" V5 was an appropriate objective in these conditions, and TJ sussed the beta while I shot Photos.
Rad.
That move was hard kids. Harder than 5. Just sayin.
We both had a great time doing this problem...with COMPLETELY different beta. It was cold as heck, and we spent the rest of our sesh looking at Gandalf, and other boulders.
Re-Psyche for the Poudre has begun kids. Who is psyched for a camping / drinking trip soon? Uncle Matt wants YOU!

5 comments:

chuffer said...

if a weekend trip and not too far ... IN

sock hands said...

COLD FINGER SHATTER FACE!

scuba steve started out as an 8 long ago and i thought it had settled at 6/7ish?

word

Diggity said...

A camping/drinking trip sounds fun! You're going to scare everyone off if you call yourself "Uncle Matt" though...

Situner said...

Naahhh... How else do I get Rich to come?

Come on little buddy! Come sit on Uncle Matt's lap and let him tell you a story!

-M@

Werdna said...

Matt, I heard we should talk... call me?


Av or email me your number