Friday, August 20, 2010

Last Weekend Lincoln Lowdown... and guanella too.

This past weekend was NOTHING BUT CLIMBING!!!!!! Amazing. Lincoln lakes was very warm, but it was still a very productive session!
We arrived early with Jaeger, who immediately made use of the roadside facilities... (shudder) After trying the hike in from the East side of the canyon we headed to "Small Arms" where Jaeger put in some excellent efforts but no sends. To his credit, it was WARM.
I have officially dubbed "chalk on rock" an es-tupid climb, and I will not be devoting more skin or time to it. This is a really nice shot by diggity however...
This V5 shares the name of the road sign above and it is probably the best of grade I have seen yet at Lincoln! Diggs crushed it in good style.
Tom on "Northern Aggression"... This line has great moves low and turns terrifying above. Tom and I shared a high-point and Jaeger went on to send. Nice jorb dood.
OMG!! OMG!!! OMG!!!!! I'm psyched to get back to Lincoln this weekend and finish this problem!!! It's called "The Anvil" and goes at about V7. Definitely worth a visit. (can't get a great idea of the line from photo, but I assure all... IT IS GOOD!)
Sunday was spent driving up the back way to Guanella and playing on the new moderates that Thomas Betterton and Rich Haas cleaned up and sent.


Diggs warming up at Guanella:
The lines on the "Mind Matters" boulders are GOOOOOOD! It's amazing no one has taken the time to clean them up prior to this!

Thomas on "Blocky Matters" V6-ish.
I didn't get a lot of great photos of these problems due to the CRAZY HIGH-ENERGY SESSION THAT WAS SURROUNDING THE BOULDER WITH MADNESS, but I will be sure to get some next time I go back.


I'm now looking forward to 10 days of climbing, surfing, and just plain having fun! Updates on how that works out to come...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would really like to meet up with you guys if you go again. I need to see whats around and it would be nice to see you all again.

sock hands said...

great photos!