Monday, February 11, 2008

Mini Epic Installment (aka, Deliverance remake)

First thing is first.
I was subjected to a mini-epic on the way back from moab on sunday afternoon. Long story short, a pulley on my car's engine broke causing the serpentine (sp?) to break. This causes battery to not recharge as you drive, no power steering, blah blah blah. Rich and Kevin were kind enough to drive back and rescue Diggs and Thomas, but I was stuck. Luckily there was a seedy motel nearby.
OK. So this sign is designed for the type of people I will be dealing with for the next 24 hours. I don't think a single one in the bunch had an I.Q. above room temperature.

This kindly young gentleman is named "Bud". He works for the parts desk at Vista Subaru in Glenwood Springs, CO. He assured me over the phone that the part I needed was not found in his system, or on my car. I must be in the wrong about the year and model of car I own. After calling a subaru dealership in denver, I obtained the part number and Bud was finally able to find it. Lucky me.

This stunning piece of work is Cass. Short for Cassandra I presume. Chances are, she doesn't even know how to spell it, so don't ask me. This is the nice young woman who charged me a retarded amount of money for a part that I had to go freeze my ass and install myself. I won't bore you with the rest of the details, for my fingers would probably blow out tyrying to record all the B.S. of the past day. However, I AM SO PSYCHED TO BE HOME! Ask me about the full story and I'll be happy to bore you. Anyone send some stuff this weekend? We did in Moab! I have enough media to make your eyes bleed. Just you wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy shit! I think I have climbed with Bud before!!!???!!! Then again it could have been a mountain goat.

blackwood said...

yr face has enough media to make my eyes bleed