Monday, February 11, 2008

Washed Up

It's the name of the problem. Not the status of the climbers. (Washed Up)
So we spent a gorgeous weekend in Moab climbing on some of the most finger friendly and asthetic boulders i've ever seen. This particular problem has some severe slopers and a wild mantle top out. After some serious discomfort (think trying not to fart on an airplane or in church) Diggs and Rich fought through this bad boy for some VERY well earned sends. This is the problem Rich decided you all could vote on top-out technique in an earlier post. Let em rip in the comments section. We'll see who reigns victorious.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please note that the above pictures do not include the 3 diggers I took before off the top out of the boulder.

Anonymous said...

Also note that I nearly shit myself during each fall. I know it's not that far and we had a carpet of organics below, but it still scared the shit out of me. Kristen later remarked that she thought the top out was the easy part. I have no way to describe my feelings about that statement.

sock hands said...

awesome! it's not how you won the fight... just that you DID win!

[top out and style dabs are only relevant for betterton]

blackwood said...

(yr face is only relevant for betterton)