Wednesday, April 30, 2008

DOOWELTSAC = DEKCIW APUS (Backwards)

For those of you not so "in the know", Castlewood Canyon has absolutely been GOING OFF with high energy sessions and amazing after work ninja missions. I present you with evidence to support my argument. David Garcia and his girlfriend, Nicole, have wizened up to the Wood's magical allure. Here, Nicole makes short work of "Center Stage" in the font. Whoa session! I was very pleased to run into David, Nicole, and a whole crew of new climbers who were ABSOLUTELY PSYCHED to be climbing real stone and enjoying the Font on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
Here, Marcelo is doing his best "fruit bat" impression and attempting to creep-out said new climbers. I love it Delo!
Nicole was pretty psyched on the Cave Lip Traverse problem and her enthusiasm proved to be infectious!
David ran a lap exhibiting skills of absolute wickedness.
Kristen ran a lap proving that the high cobble really is solid. No, really. It IS.
Once tips were wearing thin, Marcelo and David decided they would attempt what could be considered the first "No Hands Gill Start" that C-Wood has ever seen.
I know. I thought it was madness too. Although, as usual with Marcelo antics, it was surprisingly FUN madness.
I was also psyched to send my project for the day! (Bulge Direct)
Please Clowns, throw out your pre-conceived notions of the Wood. It truly is better than your bushwacking, muddy, epic first experience led you to believe. There's even an area that I'm pretty sure you've never been to which arbors an AMAZING V5 agreed to be "must do". Sack up and let's go!

2 comments:

2chicks@1time said...

No, its even worse than my bushwacking, muddy, epic first experience.
And all of my notions are post-conceived thank you much.

sock hands said...

did you all not know that climbing at castlewood in good weather on a weekend is totally ILLEGAL ??? there's a voluntary closure on such days for raptor nesting, dog walking, and picnicing.

climbing at castlewood is only ok after work on weekdays.