Sunday, August 2, 2009

Upper Chaos Canyon

On Saturday, Matt, Fiona, Karyn and I got our first tour of Upper Chaos Canyon from Dave and Kevin. The hike is long, but the views are spectacular.
The meadow boulder couldn't be in a more beautiful setting. We ran into the Fort Collins crew, and had a great time climbing all day with perfect temps. Karyn, Fiona, and I tried the prow up the center of the meadow boulder...this thing is hard when you can't keep feet.
I was chucking for the hold, but to no avail...
From there we moved on to Skipper D.
Fiona working out the starting moves...
Kevin is getting close, trying to figure out which of his 6 variations of beta is the way to send.
Dave started the send train before I could get the camera out.
Collin made quick work of this awesome line.
Jason borrowed a velcro shoe and sent once the heel of his shoe wasn't popping off.
Matt's proud send...
And one more (because I spent a lot more time taking pictures than climbing)

We also stopped by El Jorge, where Dave put down the far Left El Jorge. He managed to avoid the camera all day...

Today we are tired.

2 comments:

Guy_Smiley said...

Hey this is Collin, could I get those shots to:
otto2112000@yahoo.com

I would really appreciate it and thanks again for the spots and the psych!!!

Collin

sock hands said...

likes the shots!