Thursday, January 7, 2010

Suffer for it installment...

BURRRRRR!


Last Sunday, Rich Diggs and I headed out the the Millennium boulder in search of sunshine, sends and glory. Instead, we had clouds, snow and a little progress.
See Rich's fingertip up there? Yea. Gross. How did that happen? Well, he was working Ghost Dance when he did a one handed clap off of the starting hold and nearly exploded his hand. I thought sendage was imminent, but numb hands mixed with small holds didn't give it up.
On closer inspection, it looks like a blood-blister forming UNDER a normal blister! WOAH, and GROSS!!! Hope its healing up well dood.
Rich was understandably bummed after this development, but still continuted to climb. What a trooper!
I tried to mimic Rich's bummed face, and instead looked like a movie scene where the guy in the bar fight gets hit over the head with a bottle, and stands there wobbling before passing out. (Rich's Description)
Then came the pleading "please don't post that" face. I post both here to beat diggs to the punch :)
I had a great time making very good progress on Cannibal Dance Sit and also thought a send might be achievable.
Unfortunately, the small right hand crimp tore a hole in one of my pads, and I had to call it a day. But at that point, we were all becoming human Popsicles and were ready to hike back.
Diggs climbed a bit as well, trying the V7 start to Ghost Dance, but figured out more quickly than Rich or I that it was a bit uncomfortable climbing in such cold, breezy weather.


We all had a great time though, and any day out is always better than a non-climbing day! What has everyone else been up to?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My finger crater (that's what was left after minor surgery) is healing surprisingly well. I may even have enough skin to climb again someday!

Matt,

We should go back to Millenium soon so you can crush cannibal dance!