Thursday, January 14, 2010

Utilizing Bob Horan Tactics...

No climbing friends could be pulled out of the woodwork for Thursday sessioning, so I headed out to my new Castlewood / Morrison / Haunt, GARDEN OF THE GODS!!!
It was back to the snake pit to finish up something I had been messing with last time. It was beautiful out, and I was the only person around. RAD. Utilizing Bob Horan inspired tactics, I was able to create a few self portraits of me pulling down on some problems. (the main difference between Bob's photos and my own is that I actually CLIMBED the lines I am pictured on)

The one below is a really squeezy arete on poor slopers that has an ass-dragger start. All the makings of some solo-session fun! After figuring out some body position issues, I pulled the crux move, and got to enjoy the next 10 feet of easy, enjoyable climbing. Definitely my favorite way to spend a day off!

I have at least one day off this weekend... can anyone tell me if the Kahuna boulder is still submerged, or if it might be climbable?

3 comments:

Diggity said...

awesome self-portraits! I'm very impressed!

And stick send!

chuffer said...

oooooh ... burn on BH!

sock hands said...

nice shots! i really wish the GoG had more snake pit rock strewn about... i kinda dig it

werd