Monday, November 3, 2008

Joe's Days 3-5

After taking forever to post up all the Joe's photos, I think I will just finish it off here.


I don't remember Situner kong ever pushing diggity kong in the games but I'm assured this is how it went. She only missed 2 bananas!
Day three started out with a short warm-up session for Mr. Betterton and then directly on to "Trent's Mom" After a few really good efforts, He took a long rest and SENT THAT SHIZ! Very cool.
If the morning was any indication, it was going to be a GREAT day. After Thomas sent, we went down to the Mine Cart Boulder where Diggs FLASHED every line on it. Sick.
After some lunch and a short rest, I was ready to head up to the Dark Canyon and get back on Maxi Pad.
Apparently this happens a lot in Joe's but it was pretty funny to me.
Maxi Pad went well. I took quite a few goes and then finally put it all together.
All it took was sticking this move once. So awkward, but sooooooo goooooood!
We finished up the day at "The Small One" where Kristen flashed several more lines and then found a project on the face.
The following day (day 4) we warmed up at the UMWA boulder and then headed up-hill to try an AMAZING line called "Frosted Flakes". This is a photo of Kristen going into the crux.
We climbed a few things day 4, but took very few photos. The day finished up at the Man-Size area where I had the pleasure of doing "Sit Down Comedian". From there we went up to the Brawny Dyno and Triangle Boulder.
Ahh yes, that brings us to Day 5. The final hour. We had time for a short session before departing for Denver, it was GO TIME.
After warming up on the slabby stuff behind, I jumped on Scary Monsters and was able to do it in just a few goes with Thomas feeding the beta. Psyched!
Thomas and Kristen decided to mess with a line to the right called "Bobcat in the Kiparoo". I didn't try it, but it looks pretty neat.
After moving quickly through the lower part of this problem, Kristen got a little off-route and had to drop. That was it for her as the skin was DONE. Surely she will crush it next time.
We finished the day on the Big Joe problem. I tried to do the regular while Thomas worked on an extension with a wild Dyno to finish. He came close and did it all in overlapping sections but the previous days were catching up.
I gave approximately one try that even came close to qualifying as "rock climbing". The other goes were rock-falling-off and rock-whining.
Thoroughly worked, (and in desperate need of a shower) we packed the car and headed for home. Projects were sent, new projects were found, and we all had a GREAT time.


Joe's valley! My favorite thing!

5 comments:

Narc said...

always love the deluge of joe's valley photos. with each passing photo I realize more and more that I must make a visit sooner than later.

Situner said...

Just going back through the photos has me psyched to try to go again soon!

Thanks Narc!

Werdna said...

Nice Shots Matt!!!! Looks great tis a shame Cat and I missed you guys.

PMK said...

Thomas is sooooooooooo dreamy.

Situner said...

Ok.

I give up.

Who the hell is the pmk (never blumpkin)?????????

-M@