Monday, May 19, 2008

Hey, remember that time we went to Joe's...

Oh Man, wasn't that fun? Yes, yes it was. I think everyone had a great time. However, there were many subplots to this trip. One of the big ones was Kevin, fighting with Planet of the Apes. Now, despite being one of the coolest problems ever, POA was really giving it to Kevin. Last trip he spent 3 days working it into the ground but was unable to send. It was kind of sad to watch. I mean, here Kevin is working so hard for something without success. He even moved his tent far away from everyone else so we wouldn't hear him crying softly. Which would have worked great, had he cried softly. But nooooo, he had to weep like a grieving widow. Seriously, I don't think anyone slept for more than a few hours the whole damn week. So we go back to Joe's, and Kevin is all like, "Sniffle, I want to go try Planet of the Apes." And I’m all like, "You ok Kevin?" And he's all like, "I'm fine, I just have something in my eye. Let's roll." So we head out to new Joe's and Kevin throws it down like old school Bill Walton. You know what the key was? When I saw Kevin tearing up earlier, I started thinking of things to do. I remembered back at Carter Lake, Kevin was trying to send Kahuna Roof. Well, he started wrestling with Marcelo. Kevin does this a lot because he's really touchy when it comes to men. Anyway, things didn't go so well for Kevin that day and he ended up being forced to tap out. [I know the ruling was surrounded in controversy, but Marcelo said he had Kevin right where he wanted him and I have no reason to doubt something that Marcelo tells me.] Kevin wasn't able to send the problem that day. So I figured that if loosing a wresting match would cause Kevin to fail at sending a boulder problem, then not loosing a wrestling match would cause Kevin to not fail at sending a boulder problem. So I picked a fight with Kevin. It was difficult for me. I had to do all this acting where I pretended it hurt and that I couldn't breathe when all the while I was just hoping to get thru it without breaking both his arms and legs at once. But, it worked out and Kevin went on to send the problem. No more tears on his pillow! Going thru the first moves like it ain't no thang. You don't understand how hard what i'm doing really is. Don't judge me. I liked it when he started swinging around like he was Delo. Now You see why everyone calls him "small arms"

4 comments:

Situner said...

I love the narration Thomas!

Hilarious!

-M@

chuffer said...

thnx 4 that.

f'ing hilarious.

AthletikSpesifik said...

Nice send KB! BTW, Thomas told me that he thinks you to be feminine in nature and generally pansied...and coincidentally, wants to climb with you soon - weird.

sock hands said...

super dope... matt had mentioned this battle royale, but it's cool to see the sequence full trough. word.

note to file: list of folks who do not prosper after getting 'roughed up' and generally loathe efforts to do so: adam mckenzie, matt miller, rich haase, rylan olson, rylan miller, paul robinson, etc.