Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Poudre Canyon

I promised pictures from the weekend and here you go:
Kristen working the lower moves of Scarface. She was making good progress, but the conditions were just not right for sending. Cat has the bottom part of this problem ABSOLUTELY WIRED. She consistently stuck the left hand sloper/lip feature and was throwing for the high right jug. I couldn't even do the first two moves.
Kevin and I played with a problem that was 100% power 60% of the time. This is him trying the campus beta to start.
As usual, the mutants in the crew managed to do something difficult and SCARY in quick succession. This is Dr. Ben on the upper holds of Crazy Cody. See the spotters hands for scale. Justin also posted on this subject, but the pictures just do not do the terrible landing justice.
Thomas on the terrible slopers of Crazy Cody.
Of course Marcelo had to do it by avoiding the right hand jug at the lip. Honestly people, I don't know how he survives these things.
I had the pleasure of meeting Ben's friend Barrett on this day as well. This is him on Crazy Cody. Although he didn't bag it on this day, I LOVE the try hard in his face throwing for the lip! (Which he stuck)
I'm psyched to go back and get on this stuff! See you there in the fall!

3 comments:

sock hands said...

dope shots! the angle of the barrett shot shows the coolness of the feature really well... also, kat and diggs have semi-similar hair [close enough for a guy's perception] and diggs was wearing glasses the last time i saw here... thus, before i actually read the caption, i was going to dab her on wardrobe change while working the problem... same shoes helped the illusion...

sock hands said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Please refrain from talking about my "angle" or of the "feature"....I mean I am married...otherwise really nice photographs of the rock climbs.