Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sending (good) and Mini Epic (bad)

Dali went.


I'm PSYCHED to have finished my project! Big thanks to Ben and Rylan for giving up their projects to sit under this thing all afternoon for me.


It was on the "last go best go" burn too. I think maybe low expectation is the way to go!
BAAAZZZAAAAIIIIII!!!!!!!!
So what is the mini epic you may ask? Well, after finishing Dali we moved down and got on Silverback for a while in the dying light.


After finishing up there and packing up, we hiked out. As we unloaded pads and started to fill Ben's car, I realized that I had left my camera under the Silverback boulder.


SHIT.
Ben had some school-work to turn in so we headed back to Morrison to get my car. Rylan decided to be my partner in crime for the hike, as I was not psyched to do it alone in the dark.


Yes, we drove back up to Evans and hiked in to the silverback boulder to get the camera.
Rylan definitely passed the friendship test.
After all of the hassle, Rylan decided to get a midnight approach shoe send of the Ladder. Turns out pulling the lip into absolute darkness is a bit on the spooky side.


WHERE THE HECK IS THE MOON WHEN YOU NEED IT!!!???!!!
Good day? Definitely. Maybe better if I had not left the camera at silverback? Debatable. At least we got a good story out of it!

8 comments:

Treacherous said...

okay, so that actually happened. kinda thought it was just a dream...

Narc said...

nice work on the send!

sock hands said...

@ rm: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA matt got you to go back into the dark woods and you can't remember it that well??? i smell RUFIES!!!




[oh, and awesome send on the good friend thing.... and NOICE FRAKING SEND to matt's face! with his crushing in the tuesday gym session, i am not surprised the dali went down... the ante has been upped]

Situner said...

Thanks guys!

:D

PSYCHED X eleventybrazillion!

-M@

Anonymous said...

Way to crush dude!!!

chuffer said...

sooooo f'n psyched for you Matt!!!

Mannphoto said...

Chuffer did this to me once at the nightmare block in eldo. he left his car keys in the pitch black night under the boulder. i agreed to hike back up with him but only after we went to town in my car, got a six pack, and slammed 4 of them!

Situner said...

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

GOOD BETA! Where were you when we needed you most dood!?!

Beer beta before hike of doom for life!

-M@